Friday, January 20, 2012

Meet My Sister Joy

I am blessed with 5 sisters and a brother.  I asked each one if I could ask them the same five questions for a new feature called "Five on Friday".  I thought by meeting them you might learn a little about who I am and where I came from. This one is from my sister Joy, whom I usually get to spend Thanksgiving with and look forward to it every year.  She is probably my most practical sister, which is a quality I truly admire. We share a love of poking around in antique stores. I wish I could be with her when she sees the ocean for the first time! Here are her unedited responses.....enjoy! (I always do!) :
1) What do you do?  
What do I do??? My current paying job is part time dispatcher for the sheriffs department.  Crazy job for sure!  When I'm not working, which recently is more often than when I am, you never know what you might find me getting in to.

2) Where have you been?
I am not much of a risk taker and am definitely a creature of habit.  I haven't really traveled far, but am looking forward to going to Florida in April to see my Son and I will get to see the ocean for the first time ever. 

3) What is your passion?
  I would have to say my passion is people.  I love people.  I love making new friends and learning as much about them as I can.  I also love staying in touch with old friends.

4) What is your favorite quote or saying? 
I really don't know if it is my favorite saying, but I have found myself saying it to several people recently and I think it is true.  "It is better to spend 5 years waiting for Mr./Mrs. Right, than 5 minutes with Mr./Mrs. Wrong.  The quote or saying that puts things in perspective for me many times is, "I know the future, God wins!"

5) What is your favorite book and why?
I can't say that I have a favorite book, because I am not much of a reader.  When I do read, I like biographies.  I keep telling myself that I am going to start a new book with all my down time at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment