Thursday, February 16, 2012

7 Steps to Forgiveness

This is a copy of something I found several years ago that I thought was worth saving, and now I think it's worth sharing.  I don't remember what magazine it came from and if anyone does, let me know and I'll be happy to give credit where credit is due.  I'm just sayin the credit is not due me! (Sorry for the roughness here but it's old and it's been taped together.)
Forgiveness is not easy.  It's one of the hardest things to do in my book, I don't know why.  I remember at a family get together a while back we had quite a discussion on the "Forgive and Forget" saying and whether it could actually be done.  I'm undecided on that myself.  I certainly believe in forgiveness, I'm just not so sure you can always forget.  I'm not sure in some cases that you should forget.  Anyway, here are some very sensible steps to forgiveness if you're interested and immediately following this article is another one worth reading if you happen to be the one that needs to be forgiven.  Good heavens, I know I've been there and it's the hardest thing to admit.


Wasn't that interesting?  Now....here's some news you can use if you are on the other end of the stick:
I wish I could tell you that I haven't had to read this over and over, but that would be a lie, I'm human.  I wish I could tell you that I always use the above information every time I'm the bad guy, but that would be a lie too.  But, I'm getting better at all of it!  Hope you find something useful here.

2 comments:

  1. I am definately a forgive and forget person. I'm not sure why, maybe I have a bad memory. LOL It takes offending me quite a few times before I walk away from a friendship. And then after a while I still feel guilty and go back. Thanks for sharing this article. I always think about the Good Book, "If you hold someone's sins bound, they are held bound." Wouldn't want that on my conscience! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point Mary! Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete