Monday, November 4, 2013

STRAWBERRY CREAM CHEESE STUFFED FRENCH TOAST


My husband Sam likes to make French Toast, and for this I am grateful.  However, there are just two of us, so when he makes it, there are always leftovers and I freeze them.  It's pretty easy to pop a few slices of frozen French Toast in the toaster and heat them back up and we do it frequently.  A couple of weeks ago, strawberries were on sale, so I made this with some of the leftover frozen French Toast.....
I'm not going to lie to you...it was killer stuff and it only took about 20 minutes start to finish.  Here's the story morning glory....
All you need are a couple of slices of frozen French Toast (thawed), some Cream Cheese (I used the soft spreadable kind), sliced strawberries and some powdered sugar.
Mix some powdered sugar into your cream cheese with a fork.  I didn't measure anything, I just put it in until it tasted slightly sweet.
Butter one side of a slice of French Toast.  Spread some cream cheese mixture on the other side and put some sliced strawberries on it.  Now this next step is only slightly tricky.  Put the slices together like a sandwich, flip it over and put it in a skillet sprayed with pan spray.  THEN you put butter on the top of the side with the strawberries and cream cheese.  Grill it up, just like you would a grilled cheese.  (I've got two cooking here, one flipped and one about to be.)
Put it on a plate, slice it in half and sprinkle with powdered sugar. 
If you're carnivores like we are, add some bacon.....
If your husband doesn't make French Toast for you, I'm pretty sure you could use the store-bought kind.  I'm also pretty sure you could use blueberries, bananas, peaches, raspberries or blackberries in stead of the strawberries.  Fast, easy and yummy!  What more could you ask for?
I'm sharing this recipe today over at the Inspiration Cafe's Soup and Sandwiches Link Party......because I'm calling this a breakfast sandwich.  If you've got a soup or sandwich recipe to share, please head over to the Inspiration Cafe and link it right up.  If you don't, teach your husband or kid to make French Toast and stick some in the freezer so you can make this!

http://inspirationcafeic.blogspot.com/

Just click the picture above to get to the link party!

Sharing this also at:



Mellywoods Mansion

26 comments:

  1. This looks like a great Christmas breakfast recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My griddle pan holds maybe 3 pieces of French toast, on a good day. After 2 rounds (6 pieces) of French toast I begin to lose interest and if I'm making breakfast for more than a couple people the last ones to the table are dinked. So, Sam either has incredible patience with the toast makin' process, or you guys have an enormous griddle pan.

    BTW, those look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, please!!! This looks amazing :) And I love that you can freeze french toast - I didn't know you could do that. I always learn something new from you, Danni :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoo, man...I am craving this! Looks amazing, Danni. Freezing French toast? That's such a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm you and Same can make me breakfast any time My kids love French toast I used to make it for them weekly and it must be years since I last made it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cruel can you be!?! This looks and sounds triple-dog fantastic and there is not one ingredient I can eat. When I get off this diet, I am driving all the way to Missouri and make you cook for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Friday night dinner is often breakfast around here. Being raised Catholic, it was kind of a "must" way back when. After all one can only eat so much fish on Friday. Now we just do it cuz it's fun! And now I have another scrumptious recipe for Friday night. Never could turn down strawberries and cream cheese. Double yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohhhh yummy yummy!!! My husband doesn't make me french toast, but I'm thinking he needs to start. This looks so good. I am putting it in the rotation. Thanks for the great meal Danni!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Delicious. I am definitely going to make these. Just afraid when I do, I'll want to have them every day. Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We love french toast and this looks sooo yummy!! Not sure I'd let John make it, but I sure will!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Definitely trying your recipe. Looks delicious, Danni :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. My fat butt really needs to know why you post things like this? I. can. not. resist.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh! This looks amazing! I'm eating a nab at the moment. No comparison.I'm thinking apples would be good, like apple pie French toast. Yum. My husband cook? Funny joke! Have a happy Tuesday Danni!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my.. this looks heavenly! I mean really how can you go wrong with cream cheese, strawberries and French toast?! What a great guy Sam is to make you French Toast too. I do the same thing you do and freeze it for my little guy. Makes breakfast a lot easier in the morning. :) Really great recipe Danni! Making this very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. We love French Toast... so much so that there isn't any left overs... we'll have to make a few extra pieces next time and give this a whirl!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks like something they'd serve in a 5 star hotel! Yum

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yum, yum yum. What's not to like - French toast, cream cheese, sugar and strawberries, ooh and bacon, I'm drooling !

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have never thought about freezing French toast! Amazing idea for the leftovers. And anything with cream cheese and powdered sugar is divine. I will be trying this for sure! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I wish I had some just about now!! this look super delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That looks just amazing!! The soup and sandwiches party looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really want to eat breakfast at your house! This looks so good Danni. Expect your parcel soon. I mailed it out October 25th so hopefully it comes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, nommies...and I love the toast-bacon face. That's awesome.

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yummmmmmm..... Now I expect Sam to serve me some of this when I come to visit, okay girl? I need me some of that right now along with bacon...drooling!

    ReplyDelete